Monday, November 30, 2009

Helmut Newton


















































At first glance Newton's work is no doubt beautiful and shocking but when I really look at the picture, I get a tad bit insulted. Newton made his career off shocking images, taking run of the mill naked ladies and placing them in odd environments and giving them odd props. There is something hilariously insulting in placing a saddle over top of a girl on a bed. What I found most interesting was that with these props and odd places, the women do not seem beautiful to me anymore, I feel shame and fear for them in being in this situations.
Marion







































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment